Sunday, February 1, 2009

I don't care who you are...


Every extremist, no matter how brave has their "one thing"....

Forever, I thought I was invincible..

But I also have my one thing.

I tried to hide it for a long time.

It was bound to come out sooner or later.

Here goes...

I get ear infections. Somehow they effect my balance. I can climb trees and mountains, rappel, do the cave thing. I am a climber. But put me on a plank or a log, or any thin thing and ask me to walk it and I can not. I cannot balance myself. This became VERY clear when I went to do a cache called "Slippery When Wet". Well, I knew it for a while, but kinda kept it quiet. Now they all know.

Chuck and I went to do this cache which entails walking up two trees that are lying at a 45 degree angle. Maybe 25 feet in the air. Get to the tree they rest upon and it is a couple of feet above your head. I made it halfway up but could not go any further. I was stopped! Damn! That sucks! I will be back though. And I will get it! I am signed in but I do not feel right about it. Guess I gotta go back.....

No comments:

Post a Comment