Thursday, March 5, 2009

Snow!!!


So my geo-buddy Chuck calls me Monday morning to tell me a new cache came out late the night before called "Yad Wons" It had been snowing like crazy all night and I figured this would be a great adventure. The snow was still coming down when I arrived at Wharton. You couldn't see the road becasue all the trees were bent over it. Here is my log from the cache:

"Who could resist playing in the snow in Wharton? Fuzzy approached from the west and I approached from the east meeting at this cache. It was an amazing ride in, with trees, heavy with snow bent over the road.

Bump them with my truck.
Snow shakes off.
Covers my truck.
Get out.
Wipe off windshield and wipers.
Repeat.

Talking to Fuzzy, I re-thought my approach.

See tree.
Get out.
Shake snow off tree.
Watch it spring up.
Shake snow off of my hat and out of my shirt.
Repeat.

Another fool drives past Fuzzy and is heading in my direction. I am busy shaking snow off a long stretch of trees when I see headlights. I shout and they stop. They tell me that they saw the trees shaking and thought it was the Jersey Devil. Somehow we made it around each other and I met Fuzzy close to the cache."

It was a blast. We drove back to the main road, and grabbed one other cache on the way. Soaking wet, we headed home.


Over the next day or two another cache popped up and we went for that one too. We made the fairly easy, but tricky grab and played in the snow wheeling and staying a lot dryer than the previous excursion.


I never used to like snow....funny how things change....
















No comments:

Post a Comment